Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bad day

I should have known today would not go well. It is never easy to work from home with a sick kid and I had two kiddos that were banned from pre-school today. The boys were so crabby today. All Adam did was whine. He must have had 5 time outs in the morning. PJ was a little better but had just melted down at dinner time. Apparently he did not have enough Trader Joes White Cheddar shells in his bowl and flipped out. So AJ scooped his shells into PJs bowl while crying that PJ is taking it all even though AJ is doing the scooping. Then AJ melted down that he had an empty bowl, etc.... PJ is in a timeout right now as I write.
If the children's disposition wasn't enough, I started to have work problems. A project that I am on is having this impossible secure website that I have to get my e-mails off of. The attachments don't work most of the time and I can't seem to get the secure website to work properly. So I spent over 4 hours dealing with computer problems which to add insult to injury turns out has to be non-billable because the my billing rate is burning through the budget. I am suppose to have an associate help me out, but we have no associates available and tight deadlines. So I just had to carve back 0ver 15 hours worth of billables in the last pay period alone. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Just had to vent. AJ is in a time out now. I need a strong drink.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Karen...I totally understand-minus the sick kiddos. I hate billable hours. Well, actually, I have the non-billable ones :) Now I am off to visit a client-this visit is nonbillable of course...

just jamie said...

dude.

i.feel.your.pain.

(well, sort of...in my own kind of misery.)

Polly said...

Just one of those days huh? Heres hoping tomorrow is a better one.