Friday, August 07, 2009

Square Foot Garden Update



The garden is in full swing. We had a little trouble with me neglecting it on my latest business trip, but it is looking like we are going to have a great year. Right now we have: pumpkins, watermelon, musk melon, honey dew, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, eggplants, bell peppers, hot pepper, squash, artichoke, tomatillo, Swiss chard, and various herbs (and a lone Brussels sprout that I will dig out soon). We have some big tomatoes and even our watermelon is coming in great! Our grape/cherry tomatoes do not last long as I keep eating them every morning. mmmm.

5 comments:

Pinchie said...

You've expanded!

Merrie said...

My husband is a fool who planted 8 zucchini plants in our backyard. EIGHT! I have been taking bags of it to work to give away, and we've cooked it every way known to man. I'm zucchini'd out.
Your garden looks great -- perfect variety of goods. :)

Polly said...

wow it looks fantastic. We are about to downsize ours to pots, think it will be much easier to maintain.

Melissa said...

Looks great! I usually eat raspberries and cherry tomatoes as a snack while I am checking out the rest of the garden :)

just jamie said...

And I *still* can't keep a green thing alive.
(Sigh)
Only a wee bit jealous here. :)