Friday, October 09, 2009

Go Veggie!

Last night, I made the children their typical working parent meal (fish sticks, veggies- previously frozen, banana, and they got tator tots because Tim wanted them with his Veggie burger).  PJ was eating his food and asked if the fish was dead. When I said yes, he spit out his fish stick and sweetly said, "Please, Mommy, stop feeding me dead animals."  He told me he did not want to eat dead animals anymore, lunch was the last time. He requested that no dead animals be packed for his lunch tomorrow too. (By the way- AJ ate P's fish sticks)
I did pack leftover fish sticks for AJ and made a special cheese sandwich (we have a no nuts policy at school).   I guess PJ is going to be eating a lot of eggs since he is not too in love with beans and rice or tofu. I am going to have to do some kid friendly recipe research ASAP. 
I think I better learn to shut my mouth better or else I think P will turn vegan when he asks me where his eggs come from.  Or maybe I should just pony up for free range eggs?

1 comment:

Polly said...

Such a sensitive little soul.