So we went up to go to my 15 year high school reunion last weekend. Normally, I wouldn't go to these sort of things, but it was at one of my favorite friends house (Leslie's) so I couldn't refuse. For some reason I was really nervous about going. High School was not the easiest time in my life. I guess coming of age is hard for everyone one, but just thinking of those times reminded me of my faults and insecurities. I went to a small, all-girls school where the students were so talented and brilliant, I felt like a fraud. Maybe I am just embarrassed of that time. There were so many things I wish I did and acted differently. I guess that is part of the growing up process.
Anyway, we left the boys at my folks home and TJ and I headed to the reunion. Armed with multiple glasses of wine, I was ready to face my past. It was actually amazing to see everyone that came. The funny thing is everyone still looked the same and beautiful! I had such a great time talking to people who I hadn't seen in 15 years and some who I didn't talk too much to in high school. Maybe it was my wine induced haze, but I thought everyone was so joyous and genuinely enjoyed each others company. To see that everyone had grown-up and matured so fantastically, it made me happy that I went.
Anyway, we left the boys at my folks home and TJ and I headed to the reunion. Armed with multiple glasses of wine, I was ready to face my past. It was actually amazing to see everyone that came. The funny thing is everyone still looked the same and beautiful! I had such a great time talking to people who I hadn't seen in 15 years and some who I didn't talk too much to in high school. Maybe it was my wine induced haze, but I thought everyone was so joyous and genuinely enjoyed each others company. To see that everyone had grown-up and matured so fantastically, it made me happy that I went.
1 comment:
Aw, glad you had a good time. You have no need to lose confidence, you rock girl!
Post a Comment