Thursday, June 12, 2008
Chilling in Phili
When I was younger, I used to think that people who traveled for business were so glamorous. I imagined myself dressed in professional attire, jetting off to meetings, and seeing the world. The reality is that you never travel in a suit (change in the bathroom if necessary upon arrival) and basically only see the inside of the hotel and the place of the meeting. In addition, the places where you meet clients are usually far from the downtown as their corporate headquarters are found in the remote suburbs. Right now I am in my hotel room enjoying being in some town outside of Philadelphia with my glass of cheap wine from the complementary hotel happy hour. The most I ever see of the cities I visit for work is during my descent into the airport or during my transport to and from the hotel. Doesn't it count that I have seen the White House from the air? Also, how come I always cram half of my carry-on bag with workout clothes/ shoes and never make it to the gym. Must be the complementary hotel happy hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know! Even my friends who never have to travel think it is glamorous. Yeah getting out of a cab at my hotel in NYC at 2am and then getting back in another cab at 1pm the same day to go home is awesome. I saw so many of the sights in my 11 hours there ;) If we are traveling for litigation most of our meals are in the hotel restaurant!
BTW I just found your updated blog-it is great for those of us who are too lame to call often to keep up :) Hope all is well with the SD Jettes!
Post a Comment