Yes- it has been a little while, but changing jobs has made things a little crazy in my life. Like all new beginnings there are new challenges. I have been really focused on meeting new people/coworkers, learning the company procedures, and figuring out all the little things like who to talk to, where to get lunch at, how to fill out all the benefit paperwork, etc. The benefit paperwork has been especially challenging because even though you are covered by insurance on day one, you do not have a policy number for many weeks later (cards come even later). This poses to be problematic when your son decides to hurt himself and you have no proof of insurance. According to AJ, he had "jumped up so high in the sky, like a tree". I think that he got distracted at his vertical accomplishment and forgot to land correctly and tweaked his ankle, resulting in a noticeable limp. I waited a day to see if his limp would go away and it didn't so I called the doctor's office and they told us to come in to be seen. Then the doctor sent us to get an x-ray since kids usually break rather than sprain. AJ was very good at the radiologist and was very patient on the X-ray table. Thankfully, they could not find a break and I wrapped his ankle in a tiny ace bandage. He hates it, but an ace bandage is way better than a cast in the SD summertime- that is for sure. Now, I am going to have to do all that fun insurance paperwork when the bills come. Oh well, I am just happy I don't have to see a sidelined AJ at the beach or pool this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment