When I went to pick up the boys from school, they were sitting in a circle with their friends listening to a story. One of their friends tapped AJ and said Patrick your mommy is here. AJ just said I am Adam. Then another friend asks Patrick, "are you Adam or Patrick?". He calmly says "I am Patrick, that is Adam." This happened a few more times as we were getting ready to leave. It shocked me that their friends have trouble telling them apart. To me they are so different. Besides we still do not know if they are identical twins or not. Also, it is not like I dress them alike unless it is for pictures or if grandparents are coming. On a daily basis they are dressed similar- same style of clothes, but different colors to avoid the freaky Oompa Loompa look.
I asked the boys on the car ride home if many of their friends get them mixed up and call them by the wrong name. They told me it happens "a lot of times". I then asked if they were upset that their friends couldn't tell who was who. They said no because they liked their brother. (followed by a "you my best friend?" and "I am your friend, bubpee." hug hug) I wonder what they would have said at one of those moments when "you are not my friend anymore."
No comments:
Post a Comment