Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

The 2008 year ended better that I thought it was going to. We finally made it back home to SD after a very trying flying (or lack there of) experience. On Tues, we got to SFO airport to find our flight delayed due to SD fog. So we waited and waited when the finally boarded us on the plane. They told us we might get diverted to Phoenix, but we wanted to get home so we took the chance. We were the A group so we luckily got the bulkhead seating. The boys insisted that they sit next to their daddy so I sat in the aisle across by myself and got to read my 3rd book in the Twilight series. I love young adult fiction- don't judge. Finally we pushed back, waited for our time to take off, but ended up returning to the gate since the weather report said the fog still has not lifted. The boys got kinda cranky about this. So while we were waiting in our parked plane, the pilot asked the boys if they wanted to see the cockpit. AJ did, P was too scared. AJ loved it and was thrilled. Unfortunately, our flight was eventually cancelled and we didn't make it back home until the next day (after a delay of course).
After we got home, Tim and I were able to get our work done so we could go out on the town. Yeah to grandparent babysitters- Love it. (Although, I still have to finish my timesheet-shhh) We had a great time with fun friends ringing in the New Year . Yet, I still have to make my resolutions. Any thoughts? I probably would break them anyway.

Happy 2009!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

CRigg said...

Happy new year to you, Karen! I must say how impressed I am that you can be out partying for NYE and also updating your FB status at the same time!

SARAH said...

Yea! You made it. I bet later that PJ will wish he was in the cockpit too. As far as resolutions, I might be willing to share/post my own goals. To begin, each thought starts with "In 2009 I will..."

Chris said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy New Year!

Polly said...

Oh what a nightmare, but a huge bonus you got to put your party shoes on in the end!

Merrie said...

Too cool about the cockpit -- my son would love that, too. Sorry you were so stuck. That's never fun, though I must say your FB posts were almost amusing.