We were able to get away with our friends Brian and Dina for a weekend in the mountains at Big Bear. After braving Friday night traffic we made it up and were rewarded with brews from Big Bear Mountain Brewery. We were even treated to a local band, the Holcomb Valley Boys. The name was a little misleading as they had a lady singer and no one could have been younger than 65. The next morning we headed out to Snow Summit for snowboarding. Although I have tried snowboarding many years ago and was horrible at it, I wanted to try it again because we were all beginners. What a disaster we were. I hurt myself (swollen, bruised knees and tailbone), Tim quit after three runs, Dina traded her snowboard in for skis, and Brian wiped out so hard he hit his head and also lost his cell phone. I did like snow boarding when I finally got up (I had to turn around and face the mountain to get up). It just hurt too much when I fell on the icy mountain. I think I am going to go back to skis. Maybe, it would be better if it was more powdery so I won't get so beat up.
3 comments:
I broke my wrist first-time snow-boarding. But, as with anything, you gotta keep workin' it.
Looks like fun. Well, "fun" in a getaway and get bruised up sort of weekend!
Sounds like you guys had a fun escape up in the mountains! I could use a little vacation myself!
I also broke my wrist my first day snowboarding. I had a great day and of course on the last run I just went splat. No more boarding for me. We're too old for that nonsense :)
I think this is why I'm going to stick to skiing. I don't fall much on them, and that is much more appealing than falling on my badunkadunk!
Post a Comment