Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fun Daddy Time

As luck would have it, the first weekend since the grandparents left, I found myself in Bethesda to having a working weekend to prep and then meet with the FDA. And to add insult to injury, it is over Tim's birthday weekend. However, the boys have been having a great time with their daddy. After learning they had a good week at school, he took them to McDonald's yesterday for chicken McNuggets and milk shakes. Today they went to Costco and had some frozen yogurt and finished building their bunk beds (and Tim sent me a picture of the finished job). When I called home to chat with them today they were trying to eat their leftover shakes, but they had been kept in the freezer overnight. I could barely talk to Tim because both boys were ordering their daddy to put the frozen milkshakes in the microwave. How did these 4 year olds know to think of that!

When I did get to talk to them they said they are going to have a party for their daddy and have a cake. They told me they wanted a golf ball shaped cake with a Tiger on it (they know who their daddy's favorite golfer is). Patrick asked me if I was coming over for the party. I told him that I was too far away and it would take too long even on an airplane. He did let me know he would cut a special piece of cake just for me and put it in a bag so I could have it when I get home. He said he wouldn't let any one eat it. What a sweetie. I miss all my boys.

4 comments:

SARAH said...

I love that! So who gets the top and who gets the bottom?

Melissa said...

Sounds like a fun weekend for the boys! And the beds look pretty cool-way to go Daddy!

Polly said...

Those bunks look great. I want to know what Sarah asked!!

KKJ said...

They are both sleeping in the top bunk together!