Monday, May 04, 2009

Spring weekend fun

We had a great weekend. It was nice to have a weekend with my boys! We started off the weekend with all 3 boys getting haircuts. This time we requested short and spikey for the boys. The woman who worked on PJ got creative and put blue and red color in his hair. He was very good through the whole procedure, but later confessed that he didn't really like it. His mommy sure did. Next to P they were giving a little boy a Mohawk with red color. Gotta love the PQ barber. Of course they celebrated their good behavior with ice cream. (Which I was told was a good "growing food" according to their Grandpa Carl. Hmmm. )

On Sunday they picked out their outfits and we walked to the PQ Festival. We had a great time and even got to sit in the back of a police car. Their mommy hopes it will be the last time. We walked all around and then the boys found something they loved. They were mesmerized by the little girls gymnastics performance. After staring for awhile, I convinced them to sit down and have their lunch. So they ate and watched the girls tumble. They were so well behaved, no sass at all! After they were done we went to get caramel corn and cotton candy (they weren't a fan) and luckily the tap/hip hop / and ballet dance recital was up next. They patiently waited for it to start, while of course checking out all the girls outfits. Then once it did start, they sat and ate their popcorn so sweetly. They clapped after each performance. The only time that I heard a peep out my normally very vocal boys was when they noticed little boys in a few of the performances. They told me that they didn't like watching the boys.

2 comments:

Polly said...

Gorgeous - and who can blame them for not wanting to watch the boys - those are some clever little men you have there!

Melissa said...

I love that P(?) looks so sad and A(?) looks so happy in the back of the squad car. And I hate that I am not sure I am can properly ID my boys anymore!!!