Wednesday, November 18, 2009

When I grow up

AJ found a new calling. He no longer wants to be a police officer, but now wants to be a geologist! He told me he loves rocks and that he has been collecting rocks at school. He was wondering what rocks are made of and how can he break rocks open to see if there is anything inside. I told him that those are wonderful questions and that he can even get a job when he grows up testing his hypotheses. (He learned the word hypothesis from his favorite show, Dinosaur Train- "It's an idea you can test!") He was very excited that he can grow up and be around rocks all day long. We even looked at rocks online and talked about fossils and gemstones. AJ couldn't wait to get to school to show his Daddy his collection.

(PJ still wants to be a surgery doctor)

2 comments:

Merrie said...

I do so enjoy your boys and their thoughts on life. How cool that they're thinking about a grown up job. My kids don't really think that way, though my daughter has suggested she'd like to marry her father. lol

Polly said...

I agree with Merrie - I just love the way your boys think, always so interesting and inspired. You must be so very proud of them both.