Somehow I lucked out on my latest business trip and was bumped up to first class on my nonstop, round trip flight from San Diego to Newark. I had only flown first class once before from SF to Vancouver for my honeymoon, so needlessly I was very excited for my trip.
Ahh, it was the way business people should travel. Meals, drinks, comfy chairs, and the service. I enjoyed the tablecloths and the "my pleasure" response to my thank yous. The only problem was that I had
pre-ordered (due to my work profile) a vegetarian meal (as they really don't have a
pescatarian option). They hand you a menu with dining choices when you settle in to your seats. As I was looking over the menu, I had my mouth water at the tasty fish/shell fish dishes and even contemplated the whole wheat pasta with the fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. Then when it came time to order, I was nicely told that I had a special meal set aside for me. To my disappointment, it was the low fat/vegan meal option. While everyone was dining on crusted halibut with sauteed asparagus and shallots or beef tenderloin with garlic potatoes and gravy, I was devouring my grilled tomato and steamed veggies with brown rice and a vegan cookie. Granted, It was probably much healthier for me. However, I did manage to get served the non-vegan ice-cream dessert with the works.
MMMMmmm. Being in first class, I didn't even mind that we had to sit at the terminal an extra 1.5 hours before pushing back late last night.

When I was gone, Tim saw
AJ taking a pitcher into the bathroom and filing it up with water. Then he went outside and watered my flowers. He said that will make mommy so happy. What a sweetie.
No comments:
Post a Comment