Our boys have been having trouble going to bed on time. We put them up there between 7:15- 7:30 and they seem to just play for hours. It wouldn't be so bad if they played nicely, but my boys seem to scream for us every 10 minutes. "Patrick threw his blanket at me".."Adam hit me" ... "That's cause you threw your blanket at me" ..."I am thirsty" ..."I got to go potty"... "I got to go poo poo" (we run on that one). None stop chatter. I think it is hard because it is still light out and warm in their rooms. Well, last night was especially hard and it didn't seem that they'd ever go to bed, so Tim decides to tell them a ghost story. We all sat on the ground around the night light and Tim told the story of a scary, crazy skunk. He even hit the floor for sound effects while I make skunk noises. (I made some weird screeching noise at least since I am not sure what noise a skunk makes). Well he finished his story which ended with a big tickle monster and him and me tickling the boys. The boys didn't make a sound. No usual laughter from the tickle and their bodies were ridged. Adam tells us "I want to go to bed". Patrick says, "I do too". They went to their beds, got under the covers, and there wasn't a peep out of them until morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment