Friday, December 12, 2008

Front and Center


My boys had their first holiday program last night with their pre-school. We were told that we should have them wear either red or green shirts so I found the only red and green shirts we had which were long sleeved with a baseball and dumptruck, respectively. When I got to the church where the program was taking place, I noticed that all the children were dressed in their nicest holiday attire and not wearing jeans and long sleeved t-shirts. Uh oh. I felt a little embarrassed. Oh well, this mommy is a little green and now knows better.

The program started with the little children and then finally my boys' 4 year old class came up. They were all wearing glittery crowns that they made. Somehow my boys mange to align themselves in the front row and right in the middle. They sang the Dreidel song and We Wish You a Merry Christmas , complete with hand jesters. It was very cute.
After the program, Santa came out and all the parents started pushing their kids to see him. Soon there was a large swarm of people trying to see Santa. At the time, the boys were on Tim's lap and we finally convinced them to go meet Santa. They left for the big line and we stayed back because we figured it would be a while before it was their turn. Little did I know that somehow the boys managed to worm their way through the crowd and were all of a sudden 2nd in line to meet Santa. Once the girls ahead of him dismounted Santa's lap, Adam did the one leg out with a bent knee (on your mark) move to ensure their place. Unbelievable. I have a feeling I am going to have to watch them a little closer to see how they seem to finagle these things, as I hope they aren't unfairly taking advantage of the other children. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't know...for all the times in their lives that they are probably going to be treated as one person "the twins" they might as well take a little advantage of the fact that there are two of them and work in cahoots. As long as they are just scheming and charming their way to the top and not beating up the little kids ;)

Polly said...

hehe you should come out here to Oz - Jeans are your best holiday clothes!!!