

AJ finally went into the pool. It must be the start of summer fun. Mr. P still would rather relax in the "bubbles". Everyday after I pick them up from school, they ask (beg) me to go in the bubbles. My line I use is that I don't know how to turn them on and they will have to wait until their daddy gets home. I know it is a pathetic excuse and I am embarrassed to use it after all my feminist training. Finally, when their daddy gets home they beg to turn on the bubbles and scold him because he keeps forgetting to teach mommy how to turn on the bubbles. UGH- I know, what underlining messages am I teaching these boys.

I got a nice surprise from my boys. When I opened their lunch boxes, I found a "princess" bracelet in Patrick's box. He said he got it from the treasure box because he was a good listener. Because I was curious, I asked him to tell me about why he picked this treasure. I tried very hard to not appear as if I am judging him, as I didn't want him to think there was anything wrong with liking a little bit of baby bling. If P wants to rock a princess bracelet he should be able to. But it was so out of character, that I had to ask. He said he picked it out for me and I can wear it "a lot of times". I was touched, this was the first unexpected gift I had been given from my boys that was not part of some project at school. He picked a gift for me over a toy for himself. Then he told me next week he will get me another one. AJ didn't want to be left out so gave me his eraser he picked out. Sweeties.
3 comments:
That is just the cutest thing ever!! What sweet boys!
What a sweet boy!
And, by the way, I am sure they know their momma is no dummy!
Well thats a melt for the heart if ever I heard one. Love those warm fuzzys.
Post a Comment