



Check out the progress on the veggie patch. I've been munching on the fresh peas, lettuce, and Swiss chard. The lettuce has bolted so I am a bit sad. I am thinking of putting in some salad mix seeds in its place so we can continue our fresh lettuce use. Now we have tiny tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers coming in. I even saw a tiny pumpkin! I am getting very excited to eat locally soon!
We had a rainy weekend in sunny San Diego which disappointed the boys because we couldn't got to Elephant park and have a picnic as planned. I swear I never even heard from the news that we were expecting rain. I think the San Diego meteorologists must have graduated last in their class. They are so used to saying sunny and 70 that they miss the few times it does rain. I do love the rain (especially for my garden) but I wish it would just rain during the week!
Their daddy had a special treat and got to get away to go up to LA with the guys to watch the Wizards v. Galaxy match from the owners box. I was jealous at first and then he reminded me that Becks was in Italy. Meanwhile, the boys had fun with mom shopping and they were so well mannered that we finished our evening with a hot bowl of noodles at a restaurant on a rainy day. Mmmm. I was so proud that they were the best behaved children in the whole place. (Maybe it was due to the big bottle of hot sauce on the table.)

3 comments:
Love your SFG and you are inspiring me to get our veggie garden back in order. And how great that you got to spend some good quality time with the boys this weekend.
Look at your GARDEN! It is getting so big. I am really impressed. I think I should invite myself over to see it live...and accidentally bring my bathing suit.
The garden looks fantastic - my lettuce bolted too - I have some more seeds but need to attend to the weeds before planting!!
Just cut my first broccoli head tonight too - ahhh the joys.
Post a Comment