Monday, August 11, 2008

Even I can grow

Tonight I did something that I always wanted to do, but always chickened out in the end. I am in DC (Bethesda actually) and after checking into my hotel I took a walk through the neighborhood looking for some food for dinner. It was a beautiful night-70ish with no humidity! Typically, I usually find something where I can just get take out or even order room service. Not tonight! I found a cute restaurant (Red Tomato Cafe) on St. Elmo Ave. I entered the restaurant and asked for a table for one. I ate my dinner entree and had a glass of wine all by myself. It was actually much more enjoyable and less awkward than I had anticipated. Not to say I don't prefer dining with someone, but now I won't be so quick to dismiss dining solo.

1 comment:

just jamie said...

Years ago, after a divorce, I moved in with some female roommates. I told them that I had never dined alone, and they gave me a homework assignment to do it. I loved it. Time to ourselves is so rare. Good to appreciate it any way it comes. :)