Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sick boys

I came back from my trip to 3 sickos (yes, Tim is stick too). Coughing, stuffy noses, irritability, but the worst is the not being able to sleep through the night. For the past two nights that I have been home we have been woken up with sick kiddies. Then you get the fun middle of the night routine to do: give them some water, take them to the restroom, take them downstairs for a little medicine, some honey for their throats, some saline for their noses, some blue ball suction, and then try to get them back to bed. It seems as the only way I can get them back into bed is letting them co-sleep together. They share blankets and give each other hugs and kisses and then fall asleep. The hard part is getting the parents to fall back to sleep especially when you have to be up at 5:30 to go to LA or take a 6 am t-con. To top it off P got kicked out of preschool with a fever yesterday and now he has to stay home with me (since Tim is in LA) for 24 hrs before returning. I think these days are the hardest for a working parent. Somehow I have to take care of the child and also try to take t-cons, write reports, e-mails, and make my billables and deadlines. I also have to wrestle with the guilt of essentially parking the sick boy in front of Scooby Doo all day. I guess we all do what we have to do.


Poor Adam was so upset that he had to go to school by himself today. He pouted, cried, and stated how he is not going to go to school over and over. It was a very trying morning.

2 comments:

CRigg said...

Oh, K...we have all so been there. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, and you should never feel guilt about it. (Easier said than done). Hope you are well.

Polly said...

ahh I take consolation that kids in front of TV means resting.....