Thursday, September 04, 2008

Morning Time


When you are a twin parent, you learn to let things go. You don't sweat the small stuff . People (Tim) could say they walk all over me, but I like to think I keep the peace (especially when you are on work calls-Tim).

For example, this morning the boys wanted to color (which I am all for as they usually hate doing art) and eat their breakfast outside. I told them it was a little cold outside and AJ said "I like it coldy". Then I let them know that their coloring books could get dirty if they spill their breakfast on it. PJ said "no it wont". So I said fine, go for it.

So they took all their coloring stuff out there, then their bowls, and threw off the chair cushions because they were wet. Then they asked me why the cushions were wet and I told them it was dew. They thought that was very funny. (Yes, we are still in the potty talk stage. ) I'd rather enjoy mornings like this one than try to force them have breakfast in a conventional fashion. Yeah, they run the show, but we have a good time.

1 comment:

just jamie said...

I'm learning this game too. The let-them-have-their-moment battles (because later, when it's time to brush teeth, or wear your helmet, you're not getting the negotiation game).